Tuesday 19 February 2013

Pattaya - another point of view

The word Pattaya is synonymous with sleaze and the Thai sex industry, just Google it if you are in any doubt. This is an almost heroic film as it tries to consign Pattaya's reputation to myth. We are told that it's all a terrible misunderstanding.

Some of the interviews are a little dull, some quite hard to follow and others quite astonishing. When asked if Pattaya is dangerous, one man tells us that the pavements are a bit dodgy.  Still there is some nice footage of the city, its beach and its inhabitants. You can watch it here: Pattaya City of Smiles

1 comment:

  1. That was quite a good look at how people think when they get to Thailand. Love the end bit. "I'm not going to be like everyone else and say I want to go back" Result "I'm going back and I'm going to really try to make it"

    Me, I can't wait to get this car sold and and my stuff sorted and get back.

    ReplyDelete